Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

AEG A72710GNX0 Freezer. The plastic lining has been

AEG A72710GNX0 Freezer.
The white plastic lining has been punctured. this was caused by the drop down hinged door of the top shelf being in the drop down position when the main freezer door was being closed. The hole is tiny, there was no hissing of gas. The door was not closed with tremendous force but the sharp edge of the drop down door was enough to pierce the white plastic.
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

The good news on this is all the pipes for the gas are at the top behind the plastic housing in the roof of the freezer.

So what has happened here wont cause no damaged what so ever. What you can do is get some silicon seleant and fill the hole with sealent and that will be just fine like that.

It wont effect the working what so ever on this so cover the hole with silicon seleant and it will be fine from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Daniel. That's a relief. What type of silicon selant will work at minus 18 degrees? Do you have a recommendation?
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

I just use food grade sealent as that does the trick. As its going into the freezer so has to be food safe sealent.

But it will set and be fine at -18 degrees anyway.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK thanks. I'll go in search of food safe sealant to fill the hole. Cheers.
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Your welcome.

You can get it from the likes of B&Q or Wickes as they will sell it.

If you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.