JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have a Siemans 9000 330 367 dishwasher,at the moment the

Customer Question

Hi There,we have a Siemans 9000 330 367 dishwasher,at the moment the check the water supply light is on.I have followed the advice in the instruction book and checked that the filters are clean,they are not blocked and there isn't a kink in the hose.The water supply has not been interrupted.Could there be problem with the aqua stop? I have not checked the pump [if this is the problem can I easily sort the problem myself or will I need an engineer?]
Regards Mike
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike, my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The aqua stop should show up as a separate error code as its a flood detector.

In the majority of cases where the fault is not a kinked inlet pipe and the water supply is working, its the valve\actuator which has failed.

A new actuator can be sourced from espares.com in the most part, they are rather straight forward to replace and easy to check, as you just check when you turn the washer on, that your getting a voltage to the two terminals.

A generic video can be found here which shows you what is required to replace the valve, as you will see its not a big job, so not really needing an engineer if your competent with a screw driver. The video here, though aimed at dishwashers shows the general steps to take to test the valve itself, so you can be sure the part is faulty before ordering a replacement.

Should you wish me to recommend an engineer please provide your postcode, if you cna also supply the ENR I will try and track down the exact part you need to.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James,thanks for your advice it has been very helpful and easy to understand.
Regards Mike
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

No problem, appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating on the page.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi James,sorry for delay in getting back to you but I have just got back from a family holiday so have only just taken a look at the dishwasher.I have contacted espares and they haven't been able to find the part that I require the valve/actuator that you suggested for the siemans machine model SE26N850GB/11.
I have also attempted to locate the valve/actuator in the base of the machine and would struggle to gain access to the unit as it is under the base and space is very restricted.The panels in this area do not appear to be detachable.Further advice from you would be appreciated if you can follow the above explanation.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately the engineer manuals do not go into specific detail as to how to access the parts, its done by eye.

Please send me a photo of what you see at the rear panel and what you see when you look at the underside, and I may be able to suggest how to get to the part.

Failing that if you provide me with your postcode I can recommend an engineer who can source the part, and attend to replace the it for you.

James