JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Fridge/Freezer FFA71 frost free. I've had to defrost and

Fridge/Freezer FFA71 frost free.
I've had to defrost and heard some ice fall from inside the bottom of the fridge(behind the moulding)
What I'm concerned about if any water/dampness gets into the electrics/motor area and possible problems that could cause.
thanks and rgds
Ray
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Ray,

Ice often builds up behind the back panel, there is often a small element which is designed stop the build up of ice (hence being frost free) but they dont often work from my experience. The water from the melted ice should not be a problem, as the electrics are located on the outside (under the fridge). There is often a condensation drain which takes the water away into a dish at the back of the unit where the compressor is, it is worth checking that this dish which sits on top of the compressor isnt full of water.

However I can confirm any water\moisture or ice inside the fridge compartment should not pose an electrical risk, as they are built with this in mind.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Quick response,thanks.