Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

After clearing a blockage on our Neff S41M630GB/01

Customer Question

After clearing a blockage on our Neff S41M630GB/01 dishwasher, it refuses to switch on. There is power to the machine and the on button, but the indicator lights show nothing.
Whilst looking for a way to get at the pipes to unblock, I suspect I inadvertently pushed the polystyrine on from below and triggered the anti-flood switch. I also lay the machine on its side.
Does it need a reset after triggering the anti-flood switch?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon Steve, my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

Anti flood, doesnt need to be reset its a float switch providing the unit is upright again it should reset it self.

It sounds like you have dislodged the ribbon cable on the control board to me, however since you have checked the board and module it might be worth checking once more all connectors are correctly in place, failing that I would be considering replacing the PCB, as anything else I would expect to see a fault code.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have removed and checked the PCB for poor contacts and dry solder joints; it looks pristine. I have checked the ribbon connectors throughout.I have not located a thermal fuse and assume this model doesn't have one.
I note there is a regular one second voltage pulse to one side of the door close switch; I can also hear a regular one second tick when the control board is disconnected.Do you have access to a wiring diagram for this machine?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

I will opt out as this is going to take to much time fault finding at a PCB component level.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.