Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Whirlpool sixth sense generation WWCR 9430. Original had

Customer Question

Whirlpool sixth sense green generation WWCR 9430. Original had large drum no risen white areas
Was told drum needed replacing and bearing.
Changed today not the same drum this one has 3 risen white bars and look much smaller. Also changed the door rubber to one with a sting in the top. No idea why.
It's leaking everywhere, noisy and is the washing about!
Is this a cheap replacement drum and rubber.
Need to know fir complaint. Thanks Suz
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Who replaced the drum for you?

I dont suppose you have the part number do you? If they left you any paper work it could be on there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
A firm commissioned by D&G my appliance insurers.
No idea who they were as I was given nothing to sign, or reciept.
No part number!
Was hoping your site could help with all that!
This is why I posed my Q on just answer to see if the correct drum has been fitted!
D&G have not called me back as promised!
It's disgraceful!
It was the bearing but they also replaced the drum... The new one has paddles!
Is this a Whirlpool standard replacement or a chap imitation?
Thx Suz
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Ok i assume you was just concered about the drum then.

What they have fitted is correct. As the new lifters inside are now smaller then the old ones and a different design so thats normal.

What it was the old bigger plastic lifters in the drum used to break for fun. So they redesigned the lifters and what you have in the new drum is the new version lifters so thats correct.

On moden washers you can no longer replace the bearings as they use welded drums. They are factory welded so you cannot replace just bearings anymore so a complete new drum now has to be fitted when the bearings fail.

It wont be a cheap imitation as no company out there makes none genunine drums as the cost it will involve to make them isnt worth it. So whenever a drum is replaced it will always be a genuine drum made by Whirlpool.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thx for info but.....
There were no lifters inside the original drum!
Nothing but the drum holes.
This one holds far less its smaller inside and has the three paddles/lifters.
As I purchased the original for the size and efficacy these lifter paddles have outdated my purpose.
Is there no original drums without lifers avail?
Thx suz
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.
Hi suzYou old drum would have had paddles in as every single washer has them. That's how it cleans the clothes as the clothes beat on the paddles as the drum turns and that's how they clean. So you old drum would have had paddles in there. They could have broken off over time that's why didn't notice them as that's why they changed to smaller paddles. But trust me your old drum would have come out of the factory with the plastic paddles fitted in as every single washer has the paddles. They have to be there to clean the clothes.As to it being smaller that I cannot say without nothing the part number of the drum they fitted. As the drum they should have fitted is a 62 litre tank and the part number if you want it should be C00311148.Now I cannot see them fitting a smaller one as it will be too much work as they would have needed to replace the 2 concrete weights as well which I don't think they would as it's just an easy job to replace the drum for a like for like.So no matter what washer you. Buy every single washer built will have the 3 plastic paddles in there. Trust me because I am a whirlpool engineer so we replace these drums a lot.Hope this helps you more. If you need to ask anymore about this just get back to me.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Just wondering how you got on with the appliance as the question is still open?

Do you still need more help on this? If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.