Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Need a handle to fit the oven door of a Cannon Lincoln

need a handle to fit the oven door of a Cannon Lincoln 10255G cooker fixing holes 413mm apart. original handles apparently not available. are there any other models or other brands which might fit?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 10 months ago.

What colour do you need?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
preferably white

OK leave it with me.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
am a bit confused about your latest message saying I have not replied to your request for more details. All I have received is a query re colour, to which I have replied white preferably. Have you sent another query which I have somehow missed?

No we are trying to source you a pair of alternative handles with a center to center fixing of 413mm.

Ywo further questions, could the distance be 415mm center to center and how is it fitted, is it bolts screwing into the handle or self tapping screws?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can't be 100% certain as the oven is in Bath andI live in Cornwall, and thus double checking the distance is not easy! However I think that 413 is accurate as it equates to 16 1/4 inches, and as the oven 's basic design is quite old it may originally have been designed in imperial measurements. The handle was fixed by 2 bolts, or possibly screws, going through it into the door. These also go through the glass door window, fixing it in place in the door frame. One of these bolts/screws is still in place, holding its side or the window firm, but when I went to Bath to inspect the flat, I did not take it out to look at it. I would expect it to be a bolt going into a trapped nut. A self tapping screw would probably not hold fast..
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 9 months ago.

OK I have managed to find you an adjustable oven handle if you still need it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
indeed I do! Well done! Please send me details.

OK attached is the link to the company that has these, this company is doing them at half price so I suggest you change them both. They are not available at the moment in white but as its a rented property I guess a matched pair of black will surfice.

http://www.appliancespareswarehouse.co.uk/universal-cut-to-size-cooker-door-handle-black-cs155.html?gclid=CLDz6cWH8c8CFSsq0wodZbwM-w

Would you now kindly rate the information given by using the star rating at the top of the page. this allows me to shut the job down on my screen but allows you to come back to me if you require further help. Thank you for using JA and have a great evening - Ian