Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an Indesit IDCA 8350 tumble dryer that all the lights

I have an Indesit IDCA 8350 tumble dryer that all the lights are flashing and then it stops working. I have to turn off at the mains and restart but it only runs for a further 5/20 minutes. Please can you help?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If you look at the cycle phase lights on the far right going down you need to number them from the bottom upwards with 1 at the bottom.

When the lights start to flash look at them left and certain lights there will be lit up. Let me know which lights are lit soild when the others are flashing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Number 3, the 'dry' light is on when all the top lights are flashing. Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that.

That error code you have is F04 which is a pump related fault.

Now theres 2 things that can cause this. Either the pump itself at the back or the control board.

What you need to do is look on the back of the dryer and in the bottom right corner you will see a plastic cover. Use a small flat screwdriver to prise the top off.

There you will see the drain pump. Check the wiring connections on there. Also to the side of the pump you will see the microswitch. Again check the wires on there and check theres no corrison on there.

If all the wiring looks ok then you need to test the pump with a multimeter. If faulty then the pump will need to be replaced.

But if the pump and wiring are fine then im afraid the control board itself will be the fault and will need to be replaced. This is located on the right hand side. But when you replace these they have to be programmed up so its actually cheaper to get Hotpoint in to do the repair as they will have to program it up with there laptop.

But just check the pump and wiring just in case as you never know. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.