Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My washing machine door won't open, and it just keeps

Customer Question

Hi my washing machine door won't open, and it just keeps clicking like it is trying to start but won't
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 months ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also if you turn the washer off if you leave it a few minutes will the door open then?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi there tried that. And machine wml730

Ok if you remove the plastic trim on the front of the washer at the bottom and from there on the far right you will see a green plastic tab.

Release this if its clipped in to the cabinet and then pull the tab down and at the same time pull the door handle and that should open the door from there.

Once open check the washer has drained the water out and if so retry it and see how it goes from there. As it could have been a stuck door lock so try that and let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok will give that a try thanks

No worries, Just le me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi can't find a tab sorry?

Can you see the filter?

If so then its to the right of the filter . Its just tucked under the lip on the cabinet.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yep got it and door open

Nice one.

Sort out the clothes and then close the door and see what happens from there.

If it keeps locking and you cannot open the door other then pulling that tab then its looking like the door lock itself is the fault here and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok will give that a try cheers
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi there. No when you push the button to start it just clicks about 4 times then stops

No worries. If you could remember to rate the answer as well that would be great.

You can still get back to me on this even after rating the answer so that isnt an issue.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi did you see my last comment? About clicking. Thanks

Sorry are replys must have crossed.

If its not starting and its just clicking like that then its looking like the door lock is the fault and will need to be replaced. But theres also a chance the control board could be faulty as sometimes the door locks can actually blow the board.

So try and replace the door lock first and see if this cures the fault.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks for that. Do you know where to get both of these items? Thanks

The door lock you can get online from the likes of www.4hotpoint.co.uk

As to the control board to be honest the best way to fix this is from Hotpoint themselfs as the boards are sold blank and have to be programmed up with there laptop as the boards are sold blank and needs to be programmed up im afraid.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok cheers. Well thanks for your help��

Your very welcome.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi daniel. Sorry one last Q. I have got a price for door lock and board. £120. Is it worth it or will it go wrong again?Many thanks wayne

Sorry for the delay, Only just come back online.

If you give Indesit a ring they will do it for £110. I know its only £10 cheaper but with them you know its going to be new genunine parts rather then non genuine and second hand parts as some do.

So personally i would do the Indesit deal.