JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Glow worm sustain boiler Displaying temperature at 76

Customer Question

Glow worm sustain boiler
Displaying temperature at 76 degrees
Radiators to hot to touch
How do we turn it down
Only fitted today
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

Are you able to advise the model of your glow worm boiler?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

On most models you would hold the mode button in for 5 seconds, the radiator icon should appear in the display and in the larger part of the display the temperature should be shown for the central heating. Use the - button to reduce the temperature, then press the save button. If you wish to do the same for your hot water, press the mode button until the tap icon shows in the display then repeat the process again of press the - button until the desired temp is shown, followed by mode to save changes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried and just keeps going back to 80 degrees. I am concerned for safety
The boiler is a glow worm sustain 25c-A
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

So to confirm the radiator icon flashes on the display, you change the temp by pressing the minus button, then press mode. After 10 seconds if you go back in it has gone back up to 80?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

It may be semantics but try once more pressing mode change the temp to say 60 degress then dont press any key for for 10 seconds, then go back in and see if the temp has been selected.

Secondly if you change the hot water temp, does this store its vale or does that also reset back to its original setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't adjust water. The heating icon flashes constantly and keeps returning to 80
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Please give me a few minutes, I just want to rule out if this is a value the engineer would have set, before we go down arranging an engineer to come out and replace the control board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for help. I have called an engineer now
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

No problem, appreciate if you can rate the service received today.

Should you have any follow up questions please feel free to ask.