JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have a tabletop dishwasher here and for some reason it

We have a tabletop dishwasher here and for some reason it isn't washing anything at all.
We have put salt and rinsaid in, have checked to see if there are any loose connections and everything looks as it should so we can't see why this is happening.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Could you please advise the model of dishwasher and also what lights are shown on the control panel.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is and INDESIT ICD661 Compact Dishwasher - White
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is what our dishwasher looks like. there are no lights on apart from when we select which cycle we would like.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Once you select a cycle which lights are showing and do any flash?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If I select 1 on the dial I've sent through a diagram of what lights up
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

I just want to clarify based on comments made earlier on, when you set it to option 1, does it start to fill up and release the soap\tablet (as you hinted that it may be starting to fill up but not dissolving the tablet)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It makes a bit of noise and does start to fill up, it does release the tablet but nothing after that.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

This sounds like an inlet valve or flow sensor fault, which will require an engineer to attend to strip the unit down and check both the valve and sensor and then fit the replacement part.

The parts are around £30-50, if you provide me with your postcode I can recommend a suitable engineer in your area.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks very much.Postcode is SN1 5JA
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Due to the complexity of the small appliance the local engineers we would normally recommend do not touch these models, however Repair and Protect will come and repair the unit for £174 and that then gives it a further 1 year warranty, they can be contacted on 0808(###) ###-####and selecting option 1.

Alternatively you can use Go Assist on 0800 8654 111 and select option 1, they charge £120 for a fix only service.

Both companies have a no fix no fee policy.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your help