JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Neff oven FD 9509 Er: B44M42N3GB/4 just been installed

Neff oven FD 9509 Er: B44M42N3GB/4 just been installed yesterday. The temperature indicator light is not working when turn on. I have just proceeded with the cleaning and the oven is stil making noise after 1 hour switch off.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query.

The noise you can hear, does that sounds like a fan?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is off now after 3 hours which I find weird. I have two identical ovens which were installed yesterday by an electrician. The issue is the light temperature indicator which a small light which should turn red when the oven is switched on, which is not the case. With the other oven, the light temperature indicator is working not on this one. What could it be?
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

The most likely cause is a faulty thermostat, this very unlikely to be an issue with the installation if other functions such as the clock\timer and oven fan\light are all working.

Even though the light doesnt come on, does the oven get hot, and is the fault present regardless of the setting (eg grill, fan etc)?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the oven gets hot and the fault is present regardless of the setting. Thanks.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Ok this sounds like the neon bulb has failed, the most common fault is the bulb has come out of place and is hanging lose and thus you cant see it come on, worst case the bulb has blown or has a lose wire. However all of these are hardware related and covered under warranty, so I would look to arrange a engineer to attend and fix the issue with the neon.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK thanks James. So I suppose I have to call Neff for an engineer to come.
Frustrating not even 48 hours old.
Kind Regards,
Martine
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

In order to arrange a Neff service engineer to attend under your warrenty please call 0344(###) ###-####and select option 1

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK , Many thanks.
Martine
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

I am afraid so, if the neon has come lose its most likely occurred in transit, appreciate its frustrating, however its unlikely to be an area of concern as its cosmetic and shouldnt give rise to any further faults.

Appreciate if you can rate the service received to date so I may close the case.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK will do