JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I had to replace the batteries in my thermostat controller

Customer Question

I had to replace the batteries in my thermostat controller RDH10RF and since doing this the thermostat is not communicating with the boiler. My boiler is still giving hot water but not turning my hearing on. I have a Siemens box attached to the boiler which has a reset button and another that says do not use unless communication failure. Do I need to push the communication button so that it picks up a signal from the thermostat on the wall? Thqnks
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Michelle, my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

Firstly the thermostat has lost its memory, so it will need 'paired' to the receiver on your boiler, so you are correct in suggesting you need to press the button marked 'do not use'.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The process for pairing your thermostat with the boiler is detailed in the manual here, on page 4.

You need to press the "learn" \ "do not use" button on both the thermostat (found on the back), and also the receiver in the boiler (found at the front).

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much it is working now.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Excellent, appreciate if you rate the service received.

James