JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Panasonic Viera 40 inches TV. It is about 9 years

I have a Panasonic Viera 40 inches TV. It is about 9 years old.
When I turn it on it stays on for about 30 seconds, then goes off for up to 1 min then comes on again. When it comes on it has a very clear picture.
This has been happening continuously since yesterday.
it went OK for a few hours last night but it is now switching on and off again.
This has been happening since 6am this morning.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query.

This sounds like a power board failure, you will probably find a component on the board which controls power to the TV is starting to fail and hence your getting an intermittent fault, this is rather common in TV's which are 5 years and older.

The fault will get progressively worse, to the point where the TV will not turn on (however this could take days, weeks or months, such is the nature of failing components).

I would suggest your best option is to take the TV to a repair centre they can then isolate the fault, and quote for repair, often a simple power board issue can be resolved for £100.

Should you wish to go down this route, please provide me with your postcode and I can recommend a suitable service centre in your area.

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you My post code is PR6 9PN
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

I would highly recommend Glynne St Electrics on 13A Glynne Street, Bolton, BL4 7DN, they are a good 10 mile from you, but they dont charge for diagnosing the fault and quoting for repair, and very trustworthy.

James