Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

If I order a Jenn Air Glass Electric - A105 and it says

If I order a Jenn Air Glass Electric - A105 and it says "European Style" - Does that it will have electric power for the USA or UK?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

European Style just means that it has solid surface elements. So, you will want to be sure you order one designed to work in the UK.

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I purchased it on E-bay and it did not indicate if it was designed for the USA or the UK. My wiring on my existing cartridge is running on USA voltage! Any thoughts?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Did it come form the US and are the terminals in the same configuration?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is to be shipped from the USA but it was "European Style" which puzzled me.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

That style just means that the burners are solid, not a glass (filament ribbon) or coil type. It is easy to remove the cover to check the wiring to make sure it matches what you have, there are just a few screws around the edges.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
As in total it is costing me around £150 to have it shipped from the USA if the wiring isn't correct the will be a costly mistake. That is why I came to you for an answer so that I could cancel the order.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

No, the wiring is easily corrected if it is different. However, if you are on US voltage and it is coming from the US, I suspect you will have no issues at all. If you do need to modify the wiring, just post back and I can help with that!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If the wiring is not suited to my cooker unit will a local electrician be able to change it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Oh, sure. The wiring is easily modifiable.