Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

If I order a Jenn Air Glass Electric - A105 and it says

If I order a Jenn Air Glass Electric - A105 and it says "European Style" - Does that it will have electric power for the USA or UK?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

European Style just means that it has solid surface elements. So, you will want to be sure you order one designed to work in the UK.

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased it on E-bay and it did not indicate if it was designed for the USA or the UK. My wiring on my existing cartridge is running on USA voltage! Any thoughts?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Did it come form the US and are the terminals in the same configuration?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is to be shipped from the USA but it was "European Style" which puzzled me.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That style just means that the burners are solid, not a glass (filament ribbon) or coil type. It is easy to remove the cover to check the wiring to make sure it matches what you have, there are just a few screws around the edges.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As in total it is costing me around £150 to have it shipped from the USA if the wiring isn't correct the will be a costly mistake. That is why I came to you for an answer so that I could cancel the order.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No, the wiring is easily corrected if it is different. However, if you are on US voltage and it is coming from the US, I suspect you will have no issues at all. If you do need to modify the wiring, just post back and I can help with that!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the wiring is not suited to my cooker unit will a local electrician be able to change it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Oh, sure. The wiring is easily modifiable.