Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have an Amana Stainless Steel 2 door American Style fridge

Customer Question

I have an Amana Stainless Steel 2 door American Style fridge model XRSS267BB. It is about 13 years old but still going strong. Unfortunately the fridge side handle has become loose and the screws have come away from 2 of teh blocks holding the handle to the body of the fridge door.
It would appear that it will be necessary to get access to the inner skin of the door in order to reach the screws that hold the handle blocks. I have looked and cannot find any way to dismantle or remove the white plastic rack that holds the shelves on the inside of the door. Can you advise how I get access to the these screws to effect a repair?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 9 months ago.

Is the following link a good representation of you handle assembly?

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/09-handles-trim-parts-for-amana-xrss267bb-pxrss267rbb1.html

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. I have attached a couple of photographs of the fridge that show the handle assembly.

If you look under the handle blocks can you see a small hole into which an allen key might fit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No there are no holes on the top, bottom or elsewhere on the block.

Thank you for that - you'll have to leave it with me until tomorrow when I can get the information. I have the same model downstairs in my kitchen but it uses the handles shown in the diagram I sent you. In that case the handle covers come off and you tighten the handles up using the screws behind the covers.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you then.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just wondering if you have been able to make progress with my enquiry. Thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Have still heard nothing from you.In the last day or so I appear to have received a refund of the monies I paid at the time I asked the question, although I have received no explanation or anything from you or Just Ask concerning your inability to respond to the question. Very poor experience and I wont be recommending Just Ask to anyone anytime soon.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.