Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a fridge freezer and there is a crack appearing

I have a fridge freezer and there is a long crack appearing inside the interior of inside back. Can I have it repaired? Is it OK to use the fridge?. The freezer compartment is working well. Any information would be appreciated.
john
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

If the liner inside the fridge has a crack forming on the back panel then im afraid theres nothing you can do as it cannot be repaired.

What we do is use silicon sealent and smooth this over the crack and into the crack as this usually stops it from cracking more. But you need to use food safe sealent with it i being inside the fridge. You can still get food safe sealent easy from local diy shops so just make sure its food safe seleant and smear it over the crack and it will seal it in.

It wont effect the working what so ever when this happens so dont worry about that.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Satisfied with prompt attention. I intend to implement recommendationon made. New to the service and will again use it should I have a problem in the future