JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have Hotpoint fridge freezer model STF175 WP it is very

I have Hotpoint fridge freezer model STF175 WP it is very noisy and top drawer has ice forming on the outside of the drawer any comments please
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

The noise of the unit is most likely the compressor at the rear becoming lose and vibrating, and needing re-secured.

Ice which appears on the top draw (but not the others) would normally be an indication the door seal is starting to fail at the top, or the door isnt closing properly which causes condensation and hence build up of ice.

Start by looking at the door and making sure there is a good seal, next use a freezer thermometer to check the freezer is maintaining a constant -18 or equivalent temp. To address the noise pull the fridge out, at the bottom rear, you should see the bracket which holds the large black compressor in place, before going near it switch it off at the wall, and give it 15 minutes to cool down as it will be hot, then just give the screws on the bracket a tighten, and turn it back on.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
would I need to get an engineer to fit new door seal
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

No a door seal is very easy to replace, a video here shows you how to do it, by in large all Hotpoint models are the same when it comes to replacing the door seal.

Jaems

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance, and I would appreciate if you can rate the service received to date.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.