Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Dishwaser beeps after 10 minswhen i open door all lights

Customer Question

Dishwaser beeps after 10 minswhen i open door all lights flasing but not inlet drain or rinse salt lights
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: miele dishwasher model no g 5170
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

Is there water in the dishwasher when you open it, if you set the dishwasher to a pre-wash\rinse programme, does the programme complete?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi there is no rinse program but dishwasher gets water then at first rinse emptys then just beeps all lights flash execpt salt and rinse drain inlet
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

The rinse\pre wash should be the program called "rinse & hold", if you set the program to this it should complete without a fault.

From what you have described (and assuming the above completes without issue), the fault is due to the heating system failing, most likely this will be the element. After a minute if the water doesnt heat up the machine generates an error hence why it fails after it drains the water out from the first time.

If you provide me with your postcode I can recommend an engineer to attend and replace the element for you.

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?