Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a glass fronted log effect free standing gas stove

Customer Question

I have a glass fronted log effect free standing gas stove fire and need to dismantle the balanced flue pipe and external fittings. The flue pipe seems to be in sections, with a ninety degree bend about a 20" above the top of the fire.
I have unscrewed the large square plate one the wall that the flue goes through but am unable to pull it back due to the ribbed flue pipe fittings.
I know I can use a hack saw to cut through the flue but am asking you whether it is possible to manually dismantle the flue and external fittings without cutting through the flue pipe.
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 9 months ago.

Can you upload a couple of photos?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Pics as requested.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 9 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you cancel the question please and advise me how to get a refund please.