JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Kupperbush 1259 washer dryer goes into pause just a few

Kupperbush 1259 washer dryer goes into pause just a few seconds after it starts a wash mode
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Kupperbush IWT 1259. 2W Washer Dryer. Have just moved house and put a load into the washer machine. Put it on Cottons 60 degree.. And it went into pause mode with in seconds of starting the cycle..
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This issue started yesterday and I attempted to get a load washed a number of times, did eventually get a small load partially through a delicates cycle but had to manually put it on drain to finish, it seem to get stuck after a few minutes and timer counted down to 1 minute and stayed there until I put it on drain. Hope that makes sense
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

Can you confirm what lights are shown on the control panel and if any are flashing, the most common fault is the washer to fail within seconds of starting is to do with the door not locking, the fault where it fails half way through is most likely related to the heating or pump system.

Once I know which lights fail when it stops within seconds of starting, and when it fails mid cycle I can better help you diagnose the fault.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Using the manual to discribe what lights are on.. The 2nd light down which is the Wash Light, 3rd light = Rinse and 6th light which is the spin light. The Start/Pause button is flashing. The only other light that is on is the 1200 spin light
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The dial on the far right is turned to the "Cotton, 60 degree" setting
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Ok, can you try and set the washer to pre-wash, then spin only and confirm those two cycle complete without issue.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where should I set the dial to? I don't see a seperate pre-wash setting..
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've set it on Delicates 30 degree on a pre wash.. 1 hour 4 minute cycle. Seems to be working at the moment
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Let me know at what point it causes a fault, on checking your programmer it appears there isnt a rinse cycle, just the option to add an 'extra' rinse to the programme, so the current programme should be sufficient.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK.. That programme worked through to the end ok. I'll now try it back on cottons at 60 degrees to see if it still fails.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK.. Put it back on Cottons at 60 degrees at 1200 spin, now the only light on is wash.. is this right? Any idea why this is different from earlier?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Unfortunately I have to go out shortly so won't be able to see if it fails mid cycle
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The other issue I have with this machine is that when you put it on to the drying cycle in the cotton mode it trips the RCD. I haven't tried it on dry in an other mode, any ideas?
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

The lights shown is correct, the RCD tripping is often caused by what is known as "earth leakage", and typically associated with a fault heater.

I would expect the fault to occur regardless of the mode selected, and can be resolved by replacing the heater, which is around £150 from here, if you would like an engineer to replace the part please provide your postcode and I can recommend an engineer in your area.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have just arrived back home to find that the cycle seems to have gone back to the starting time, it was down to around 1 hour 30 of a 2 hour 4 minute cycle. So I have manually drained and spun it.
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Right this sounds like the issue relates to a hardware fault, since this is likely to be two fault one with the pump, and the other with the element, your probably looking at a total part cost of £200. This is probably getting to the point where it is not economical to repair, however if your wish to proceed, then please provide your postcode and I can recommend a local engineer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Postcode is TN26 1JA
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

I would recommend Washing Machine Man on 01233 221773, his mobile is 07723 927268. We have referred a few customers this year to him, and have had excellent feedback each time.

From memory he also provides a weekend call out service, so you may be able to call him out tomorrow if you need to get the machine fixed before Monday.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you.. I'll call him on Monday
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Appreciate if you can rate the service received to date.

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.