Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have an active smart fridge freezer which I moved from

Customer Question

I have an active smart fridge freezer which I moved from Australia to Britain in May 2016, so far it had worked well. However although the freezer is fine the fridge is beeping at me all the time and losing chill. Is there anything that I can do to mend the situation, or do I have to buy a new appliance?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

There are a number of reasons the fridge may not be staying cold, the most common is a faulty door seal (allowing the cold to escape), the next most common fault a build up of ice hidden behind the back panel, which is stopping cool air circulating around the fridge, the third most common fault is the thermostat\temp sensor which isnt regulating the temp correctly.

Start by checking the fridge door seal, if that is making good contact all around, I would then do a 36-48 hour defrost, and see if that clears the fault, this will melt any build up of ice, if that doesnt work its most likely the thermostat which is around £30 from spares companies such as eSpares.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.