JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Samsung fridge freezer MODEL RL37LGIH freezer compartment

Customer Question

samsung fridge freezer MODEL RL37LGIH freezer compartment frozen up with lots of ice in compartment.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

A build up of ice is most common associated with a pool door seal, which results in cool air escaping and generates condensation which turns to ice\frost. Start by checking all around the freezer door to make sure the seal isnt damaged and makes good contact all around, a new freezer door seal can be purchased here for £20.

If the door seal is in good standing, and you have done a 36-48 hour defrost already (a 12-24 hour defrost is not sufficient), and it frosts back up it suggests the fault is with the temp sensor which isnt regulating the freezer temp correctly, and can be purchased here for under £9.

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.