JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Have a 6th sense whirlpool dryer AWZ 3513. It was working

Customer Question

Have a 6th sense whirlpool dryer AWZ 3513. It was working fine and we moved house it has been sitting unused for a year. Lights come on it makes all the right sounds even feel heat but the drum won't turn?
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

The most likely cause is a fault drive belt, if you can hear a whirring sounds which suggests the motor is running.

You can check this by removing the back panel and checking the belt which connects between the motor and the drum.

A new belt costs around £15 and can be purchased here, and video showing how to replace the belt can be found here.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi James,
We looked at your video and inspected the belt which appears to be fine, on properly and not worn. So still at a loss as why it won't turn...the motor maybe?
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

If the motor isnt turning it could either be the PCB which controls the motor, or the motor itself.

The challenge is understanding what the noise is your hearing though.

If you have a multi meter the next step would check your getting power to the motor when its on, and this rules out the PCB, if its the motor is most likely to be the brushes in the motor which cost around £10, however if its the PCB thats around £120.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good morning do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Suzanne,

I havent heard back from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good morning Suzanne, I havent heard from you in the last couple of days do you still require assistance. In order for me to close the case I need you to rate the service received using the star rating on this page.

James