JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The fridge part of my Maytag side-by-side appliance is

Customer Question

The fridge part of my Maytag side-by-side appliance is getting much too cold even on the lowest setting??
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** appears the thermostat or temp sensor in your freezer has failed.

Before looking at fitting a replacement it is worth double checking you havent enabled the super freeze function, however in the most cases a new sensor\thermostat will resolve this issue.

If you provide the model number and postcode, I can give you the cost of the part and suggest an engineer who can attend to replace the part.

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
please James: MAYTAG MODEL NO: FD8407 Serial No:20833353 EN
Postcode: DA4 0DX
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

A replacement thermostat\sensor is around £35 from companies such as eSpares, if when the engineer attends and finds the sensor is working properly, it may well be the control board which is around £120 which needs replacing.

Based on your area I would recommend EDA Repairs on 0800(###) ###-#### they charge a fixed price of £75 to cover inspection and all labour costs, if after inspection you do not want to proceed with repair the cost is only £45.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you so wanted to follow up to see if you still require assistance for your query?