Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Have a Zanussi 7114w Model SPIN Dryer, PROD NUMBER00 SER

Customer Question

Have a Zanussi 7114w Model SPIN Dryer, PROD NUMBER###-##-####00 SER NUMBER 34400451.
Switch the spin dryer on select the dial for length of spin [in minutes] then press start button, it clicks but drum does not spin, sometimes it does, two thirds of the time it does not start. you hear a slight whirring noise.
Would a worn or damaged door inside seal cause this.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

My name is ***** ***** unlikely the seal at fault, its most likely the sensor which checks the door is closed, worn out brushes on the motor or an issue with the drive belt.

Do you get any lights flashing on the display when the drum doesnt spin, can you also advise if the dryer start to heat up?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There is no display on this model its a spin dryer, where is the sensor which checks the door is closed, and where are the brushes on the motor located.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

I will opt out as I am not prepared to provide assistance based on someone looking to self fix, when they dont know where to find basic components, the risk if injury is to great, I urge you to get an engineer to resolve this fault for you, as its clearly hardware related, and your not equipped to repair it yourself.

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 9 months ago.

Can you take the top off?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your assistance the problem is resolved. Thank you for kind assistance.

A pleasure if you need further help come back to me. Enjoy your evening ~ Ian