Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a EMBERGLOW CLASSIC gas fire, bought 15 years

Customer Question

I have a EMBERGLOW CLASSIC gas fire, bought 15 years ago.British Gas have recently condemned it due to a leak in the heat exchanger and the replacement part being obsolete.
The fire was supplied by CFM EUROPE ltd. The current FLAVEL EMBERGLOW GAS FIRE is
identical in specification and dimensions to my existing one. I suspect that the fires utilize
identical parts and a replacement part is available. Could you please confirm or otherwise as a new fire is priced at £700
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good morning, in order to verfiy if the two fires share the same heat exchanger can you please provide me the Gas Council (GC) code for both as this allows me to get the specification for the heat exchanger for both fires.