JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Bosch frost free refridgerator + freezer, 10 years old, but

bosch frost free climax refridgerator + freezer, 10 years old, but a good machine except this problem, the freezer collects ice at the bottom of the freezer tray, half inch within a month, is it the heat exchanger fuse or something else, is it worth DIY, or should I bin it??
also does it use more electricity in this state.??
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

There isnt a fuse attached to the defrost heater, most likely the heater has failed.

Its worth removing the back panel and checking if this is open circuit, in which case you can replace it with one from here

Failing that it probably the control board at fault at which point it wouldnt be worth a repair as your looking at in excess of £100.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what do mean open circuit, explain please, I am just a diy fella without electronic knowledge
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

If you place a multi meter on either side of the element terminals, and set it to do a continuity test it will show you if there is a closed circuit (electricity will pass through the circuit) or open circuit (where there is break in the circuity and electrical cant pass).

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hi james i have fitted a new heater today so fingers crossed cheers ted
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi James it looks as though a new heater is working ok, the water collection bowl at the back is now with a small amount of water after about 2 years with solid ice at the bottom of freezer, well done, thanks for your help, we are chuffed. regards Ted