JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have an aeg competence oven. It is stuck in safe mode and

I have an aeg competence oven. It is stuck in safe mode and door won't open
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

What was the last task you did before the door locked, was it a self clean?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it was not a self clean. I have switched it off and put the power back on and I can get the door to open, but cannot remove the safe mode so when I close the door it locks again.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Assuming you have checked its not on child lock, this sounds like a sensor fault, at which point you will need to get an engineer out to test the unit, this is not a consumer repairable fault.

If you would like me to suggest an engineer in your area, please provide your postcode

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think it is a child lock how do I remove it?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry can you give me a local engineer post code FK2 8RQ
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

David if you can give me the model of AEG cooker I can provide you with the steps for removing the child luck, unfortunately the process varies dramatically depending on the model.

I would contact appliance repairs on 01592 802355, they are very reasonable and come highly recommended.

James