JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have an aeg competence oven. It is stuck in safe mode and

I have an aeg competence oven. It is stuck in safe mode and door won't open
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

What was the last task you did before the door locked, was it a self clean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it was not a self clean. I have switched it off and put the power back on and I can get the door to open, but cannot remove the safe mode so when I close the door it locks again.

Assuming you have checked its not on child lock, this sounds like a sensor fault, at which point you will need to get an engineer out to test the unit, this is not a consumer repairable fault.

If you would like me to suggest an engineer in your area, please provide your postcode

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it is a child lock how do I remove it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry can you give me a local engineer post code FK2 8RQ

David if you can give me the model of AEG cooker I can provide you with the steps for removing the child luck, unfortunately the process varies dramatically depending on the model.

I would contact appliance repairs on 01592 802355, they are very reasonable and come highly recommended.

James