Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My AEG lavamat 16810 update has a problem stops on 12 minute

Customer Question

My AEG lavamat 16810 update has a problem stops on 12 minute spin cycle with 7 minutes to go, and now won't wash, program starts and water fills but just sits there. Drains OK
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

This sounds like a motor fault, do you hear any signs of the motor trying to spin, and I assume once you select a program and it it starts filling the drum shows no sign of moving?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that's right, and just tried short spin cycle again and drum doesn't move, but makes the draining noise.
Is the motor an"easy" repair
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Apologies for the delay in responding, the motor could just need a set of new brushes, or just need a new belt.

If you remove the back cover you will see the motor, its not overly complex, however getting the tension right, and working out if its just the brushes or the entire motor at fault is probably where a engineer coming out would earn his worth.

If you want to have a go, start by checking your getting a voltage to the motor with a multi meter, should you wish to get somone out to look at it, please provide your postcode and I can find someone in you area.