Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hotpoint fridge freezer temperature has stopped working.

Customer Question

there is power going to the unit, but the 2 ***** *****ghts at the top of the unit still flash.
can you help me please ?
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

The ***** *****ghts at the top flash when the unit is generally in a state where the temperature is to high, if the fridge freezer isnt cold this would support this fact.

How cold is the fridge currently?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The fridge is losing temperature, but the freezer seems to be keeping the food frozen
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

The freezer should be -16 or below, so it may be sitting at -8 freezing food but above the critical point the fridge freezer is operating to.

I would certainly start from a 48 hour defrost, and if it continues to have problems then start looking at the thermostats and control board. The majority of issues like this are resolved through a long (48 hours) defrost, as you often find there is a build up of ice behind the back compartment which stops coolant circulating around the freezer and fridge.