Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a NEFF dishwasher which is about 8 years old. The

Customer Question

I have a NEFF dishwasher which is about 8 years old. The waste pipe got clogged with fat which I cleaned out but the washer now does not work properly. It continues to run the waste pump even after a reset. In fact it still runs when the door is open. Any ideas?
Many Thanks Mark
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 9 months ago.

OK two things to look at Mark, firstly check that the base (under the wash cavity) is dry and not full of water and then once this is done check that you can actually latch the door. Come back to me when you have checked these items out - Ian

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ian
Thanks for quick reply. I have drained water from cavity and now working. Thanks. I take it there is a sensor somewhere.
Regards Mark

Yes there is a float chamber in the base that once operated cases the drain pump to active Keep an eye on if as it will happen again if you have a leak. In the meantime would you kindly rate the help given sofar by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done if you need further help come back to me as its free. Thanks for using JA and have a good 'clean pots evening'