Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Bosch hbg73r5.ob oven not working

Customer Question

bosch hbg73r5.ob oven not working
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** First question ~ how old is it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not sure, I think it's around 4 years old.

Do you have anything in the display?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, absolutely no sign of life from the appliance at all.

OK first thing to check is that you have power at the wall outlet - do you have a multimeter or mains tester?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There are actually 2 identical ovens with a microwave between them. It's the left hand oven which is not working which is strange because I'm guessing it was only ever used once and was there just to balance the appliances and make them look symmetrical.I've actually changed them over to check but the situation remains the same; the one which was working still works on the feed from the left while the one which was not working still does not work when moved to the feed on the right.In other words there is definitely a good feed going to the oven which has a fault.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm awaiting your advice please...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm thinking it might be best if I cancel this as I'm not getting any help.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi, it appears the expert has been delayed in responding, I just wanted to see if you still would like assistance or if you would like me to pass the case to customer services to arrange a refund.

Should you wish to carry out with the troubleshooting, since we have checked the power source is not the issue, the next step would to to check the control switch (£37) and from there the PCB (£44), which is just a case of checking if your getting power to the circuit with a multi meter.

Should you wish to have an engineer attend to do this level of troubleshooting please advise of your postcode.

James

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'd like to continue with the troubleshooting please James and thanks for picking this up.What is the next step please?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

You need to remove the top cover of the oven and check your getting power to the PCB using a multi meter set to 240V.

From here you then need to trace the wire leaving the PCB to the function switch and check your getting power to the switch, when you set it to fan.

Once you know which modules of the oven are live we can look to narrow down the fault further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is a black wire coming from the main input socket at the back of the oven, it runs directly to a green larger PCB with 11 white relays on it. This wire has 240V.The terminal also has a stripped white / black cable in it which goes directly to what I'll call the smaller black covered PCB you were referring to (with around 8 capacitors in it) and has 240V.The problem is that there is no direct cable going to the function switch from this capacitor PCB as you have suggested.Instead, there are 2 largish cables going to the function switch, an orange one which goes somewhere into the oven and a grey one which goes to the larger green PCB with the white relays. None of them are live.I have attached an image which shows the oven stripped.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately this questions is taking up to much time for the amount paid, so will opt out for another expert to assist, but believe its currently under priced and you may struggle to get the level of assistance you require.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Very disappointed in both 'expert' involvement, I suppose you both thought it was going to be a quick solution and are just not up to the task.In the meantime, I have swapped over the 2 main switches but this has made no difference.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have the oven out of the housing and stripped down. I'm very keen to find a solution but am not impressed with the last 2 'experts'.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please continue to search for someone to assist me, however I'm losing confidence fast in JustAnswer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please do NOT close this question until I have an answer.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. You can reply to this message any time if you decide you would prefer the refund.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please issue a full refund.I feel badly let down by JustAnswer and am hoping I can leave an appropriate review?