Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Mick here I have a siemens fridge freezer serial no

Customer Question

Hi mick here I have a siemens fridge freezer serial no ke099e28930066 freezer said -18 but foods inside were not fully frozen food in fridge was going off quicker smell when open door went on for few weeks plugged out for half hour plugged back in and it seemed to have fixed it for three weeks but problem back again starting with fridge any suggestions or info would be helpfull
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

It sounds like the thermostat is faulty if its reading -18 but that isnt really the case, before looking to replace any parts its always worth defrosting the freezer over 24 hours, as often you get a build up of ice behind the rear compartment (which you cant see).

This costs relativity nothing, and fixes 33% of these type of issues, so its worth doing before you look at testing the thermostat and control board for a fault.

James