Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have an AEG Lavatherm 86280 ic condenser dryer. - The

Customer Question

I have an AEG Lavatherm 86280 ic condenser dryer. - The dryer starts its cycle, but after a few minutes, the empty water container light comes on and the dryer stops. I have emptied the container, cleaned the filter and the condenser, unlugged, restarted the dryer, and when i try to run the cycle, the same thing happens.
Any recommendations?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

This sounds like there could be a fault float sensor in the water tank, follow the pipe which goes from the condenser to the tank and you will see a float sensor which measure how full the tank is. If this is working then it could be the pump which takes the water from the condenser at the bottom to the tank at the top

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay - to follow the pipe from the condenser to the tank, I am guessing I will need to take the back panel off? It appears to be encased within the machine itself. Any "best tips" for this?Thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

I am affraid I am going to opt out as what you describe doesnt match the service manual I have.