JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have an integrated washer-dryer WDI12C1, which I've used

I have an integrated washer-dryer WDI12C1, which I've used for seven years with no problems, running typically two cycles each weekend. The last few times, however, have resulted in *very* hot damp clothes and steam pouring out from the opened door, which has me a little nervous given the publicity given recently to fires caused by tumble dryers (made by other companies). The manual says nothing about a fluff filter, so I presume there isn't one which needs regular cleaning. Should I be worried?
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** will look into this issue for you.

Please give me a few minutes to look up you model spec

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

It does appear your model doesnt have a filter, most likely this will be handled by the washer pump filter\drain.

I would start by cleaning the pump drain, which is found behind the bottom kick board, drain the water out with the hose, then remove the cap and give it a wash, use a rag to clean inside the void where the filter sits then put it back in place - this is documented under section 7.4 on page 26 of the user manual.

If after cleaning the filter your still finding excessive heat present this would suggest a temp sensor fault, and would need an engineer to come out to replace the NTC (sensor), which is around £15 from here.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks. I'm generally pretty hopeless at doing anything practical myself, but rather to my surprise I managed to follow the instructions in section 7.4 of the manual. There didn't seem to be anything much to remove when I drained the pump - rather bizarrely, there was what appeared to be a dissolved cigarette in the water in the hose, which must have been there since before I moved in seven years ago (I live alone and am a non-smoker), but I can't imagine that would have an effect. I'll monitor the next couple of washes and see if they are still excessively hot at the end; if so I'll contact a service engineer to replace the temperature sensor.