JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I am trying to replace the element on a neff u1721n0gb/01

Hi, I am trying to replace the element on a neff u1721n0gb/01 oven but the top screen is hidden behind the fan and I can't seem to find a way of removing the fan blade to get to it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have removed the front retaining nut on the blade
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

This is the first Neff model I have seen where you need to remove the fan to change an element.

I would start with some penetrating fluid, losen the motor bracket at the rear, then use pliers to pull the small disk fowards and try and and rotate it as you pull it, you may also wish to use a small pin hammer and give the shaft a tap to help free it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks James. Washer came off with a bit of wd40 and a screw driver. Ended up pulling the spindle from the back to get the fan off as it wasn't shifting from the front. ...glad they don't make this design anymore!!
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Glad it has come free, appreciate if you can rate the service received today.

James