Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My smeg WMFAB16NE WASHING MACHINE WONT OPEN THE BUTTON ON

Customer Question

Hi my smeg WMFAB16NE WASHING MACHINE WONT OPEN THE BUTTON ON THD FASCIS THST YOU PUSH IN TO OPRN THE DOOR IS NOT RELEASING THR DOOR I HAD A NEW INTERLOCK FITTED LAST WEEK FROM SMEG AND IT STILL WONT OPEN
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
SORRY SPELLING MISTAKES THE 50'S STYLE SMEG WASHING MACHINE US 3 YEARS OLD AND ITS WORKED PERFECTLY THE INTERLOCK EAS CHANGED BECAUSE MY SON OPENED THE DOOR WITH FORCE TOO GET HIS WORK CLOTHES OUT BECAUSE HE SAYS HE KEPT ORESSUNG THE DOIR RELEASE BUTTON AND IT WASNT WORKING SO NEW INTERLOCK WAS FITTED I PUT SHIRT CYCLE ON AND AFTER WASH CYCLE HAD FINISHED I PRESSED THE RELEASE BUTTON AND DOOR WILL NOT OPEN
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
SORRY JUST EMAIL PLEASE I GOT YOO GET READY FOR WORK
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** will assist with your query.

Most likely the door handle may have failed, or the new interlock hasnt been aligned properly.

To get the door open (as a workaround) please follow the video here.

A new latch for the door would be around £20, if you provide me with the part I can direct you to the exact part on espares.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I HAVE A NEW INTERLOCK ALREADY BEEN FITTED BY AN EXPERIENCED GUY BUT HE ON HOLIDAY NOW THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY OF PUTTING IN THE INTERLOCK TOO ALIGN WOTH THE SCREWS AND THE ELECTRIC FUSE HE SHOWED ME WHILST HE WAS FOUNG UT AND I GOT MY PART FRIM SMEG UK BECAUSE E SPARES FID NOT STOCK MY INTERLOCK
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
YOU HAVENT TOLD ME WHAT I DONT KNOW ALREADY AND I NEED AN ANSWER ABOUT THE BUTTON ON FASCIA PANEL BECAUSE INTERLOCK HAS ALREADY BEEN CHANGED
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME AS AN ANSWER YOU HAVE NOT READ MY INITIAL QUESTION CORRECTLY
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Based on the tone of your comments I will opt out in favour of another engineer who may wish to assist you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NO THANKS
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No it's ok I don't need no more indefinite answers