JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Hot point dishwasher FDUD 43133. Only 5 months old is making

Hot point dishwasher FDUD 43133. Only 5 months old is making a funny noise and won't switch on. Any ideas?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

If you getting noises from it but it wont switch on, it sounds like a faulty PCB.

Are there any lights showing on the control panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think so. The people at the property where the dishwasher is describe it as dead, apart from the noise. Should the PCB be covered in the warantee, and would a faulty PCB have tripped the fuse? This is a replacement dishwasher as the last one flooded overnight and tripped the fuse? The last one was also a Hotpoint. Are they renowned for this kind of behaviour?I hope that's not too many questions.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

Hotpoint do have their own share of problems, however no more than other makes.

If your hearing a noise its unlikely to have tripped the fuse in the plug (which wouldnt be covered under warranty so though unlikely it is still worth checking before you call out Hotpoint).

Should the unit still be under warranty (extended or otherwise), then the PCB would be covered, the majority of these type of issues do tend to be the PCB, occasionally a failed switch or plug fuse, but since your hearing some form of life in the unit it makes me think its the PCB.

James