Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

By fridge is so smelly cleaned removed everything still the

Customer Question

by fridge is so smelly cleaned removed everything still the smell is bad and in the whole flat help
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

When you cleaned the fridge have you removed all the large glass shelves, plastic shelves in the door and salad crisper boxes, then cleaned all the plastic and glass, with anti bacteria (not just hot soapy water)?

In some cases you find the plastic clips around the glass harbour debris so pull off the plastic from the glass and make sure you give them a good wash.

Next with the interior of the fridge ensure all sides (top and door inclusive) are all cleaned with anti bacteria spray, then look for a small hole at the rear of the fridge and give that a could clean out with a straw or object similar size (some times debris gets stuck in the condensation trap.

Should this not work, the next stage is to pull the fridge out and give the rear radiator a good clean and check nothing has fallen behind it or landed in the condensation tray which sits on top of the compressor.

Let me know how you get on.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you so wanted to follow up to see if you still require assistance for your query?