JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Model no fufl1810g) Our fridge freezer started beeping last

Customer Question

Model no fufl1810g) Our fridge freezer started beeping last night and the two lights at the top were flashing. Woke up this morning to a defrosted freezer.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, the two lights at the top of the fridge will flash when the temp in the fridge and freezer is above the required temp normally, above 5 degrees for the fridge and -15 for the freezer.

So we need to understand why its stopped cooling, I would start by switching the unit off and let it fully defrost until its room temp in the freezer (this may take the remainder of the day). Then I would turn the fridge freezer back on and check its getting cold, after a few hours the ***** *****ghts should have stopped flashing, if they havent we need to look to get an engineer out, as it sounds like there is a coolant fault (most likely a faulty control panel).

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you, I just wanted to follow up to see if you require any further assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you, ***** ***** unit off and on after a while seems to have sorted the problem for now. Not sure exactly why it happened but am keeping an eye on it.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Most likely some ice has got stock behind the rear compartment and causing fault reading to the temp sensors, if it reoccurs its worth doing a defrost, before calling someone out, as 80% of the time a defrost will fix this issue (so much for self defrosting appliances).

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James