JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a second hand indesit prime Pwe91672w it displays

I have a second hand indesit prime Pwe91672w it displays error f01. If you select spin only you can hear like a relay clicking but nothing else happens. Having a look in the back, there are a small group of red and black wires coming off the controller and the motor that have been cut through, don't know if this is normal. The drum doesn't turn, all actual power leads to the motor seem ok, the cut ones are smaller cables.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, this fault code is associated with a faulty PCB\control board, which is around £150 from here, if you would like me to recommend an engineer please let me know your postcode.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you, I just wanted to follow up to see if you require any further assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh dear, I was hoping the fact that everything else seemed to work, it fills with water, and pumps out ok, it's just that you hear a click like a relay and a little bit of a whining noise but no drum movement! This isn't for my personal machine it is a relative who bought it, only a week or two ago, done just a couple of loads and now dead. The wires that had been cut just bothered me, two red I think and two black. Cut just outside the PCB and near the motor!
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

If the unit is only a couple of weeks old I would look to contact the retailer and get a swap out under warrenty.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unit is only a couple of weeks old, but was bought of telford sales on Facebook. Not one of her best decisions I fear. So looks like it's a dud, but thanks for your help.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I am afraid so, this isnt caused through poor installation.

Appreciate if you can rate the service received today so I may close your question.