JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a stoves 900mm built in gas double oven and grill

I have a stoves 900mm built in gas double oven and grill model number###-##-#### As the customer care number that is stated in the original handbook is unobtainable I looked on line to see if I can get someone to come and look at my appliance as it's not working. I think it may be the fan, but what do I know. Anyway the company I called said that as the cooker is 12 years old I probably won't be able to get parts as its too old. Option then, buy a new one.
Is there anyone, obviously I mean an engineer, out there who will come and diagnose the fault and then repair it.
Valerie Hewlett
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Valerie, my name is ***** ***** will assist with your query.

What is the fault you have with your cooker, you mentioned you think its the fan, are you just finding the fan isnt running or is there a problem where it wont start, or regulate the temp correctly?

In order to find a suitable repair agent can you please provide me with your postcode, and I will see if I can find someone in your area.

You can still get some parts for your cooker here, so I think there is a good chance it can be repaired.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Should you wish to contact Stoves directly their new customer services number is *****(###) ###-####they offer a repair and protect plan for £139, which covers this repair (labor and parts), and gives you a further 6 months warranty should it break down again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks James, can't believe I have just paid £27 for a telephone number!!! That doesn't seem fair.
Obviously 12years is the magic number, I have just contacted Stoves customer services as advised. Unfortunately as the product is 12 years and 6 months old the call out fee is £155 with only a 3 month warranty. If, when the engineer arrives and identifies the fault and then is unable to source the part a charge of £75 is levied. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I appreciate you dont feel you have got value for money, however as stated should you wish, I can look for another engineer in your area, but would need to know what the fault is and your postcode. From experience as this is a gas appliance I dont think it will work out cheaper than £150 for parts and labour.

Should you no longer wish me to recommend an engineer in your area please rate the service received.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I havnt heard from you in a while Valerie, appreciate if you can confirm if you require any further assistance and if not rate the service received so I may close the query.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for not responding sooner, have been out all day. I booked the engineer from the stoves customer services as I need my cooker mended asap. He is due to come on Friday.
As I said before I think a payment of £27 is excessive, obviously I didn't quite understand how the sight worked. I'm new to obtaining information via the Internet. I'm what you would call a silver surfer. But hey ho,that's life.
Anyway, many thanks for your quick response and the assistance you did provide. In saying that it would have been a bit cheaper if I had telephone directory enquiries.