JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My ringmaster cooker hood lights failed and the household

Customer Question

My ringmaster cooker hood lights failed and the household consumer unit tripped. I replaced the bulbs as usual but nothing now works in the switch assembly i.e lights and extractor fan.
Is there a separate fuse and if so where is it located? if not do I need to replace the whole switch assembly which I know is an available spare part? many thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

The extractor should be plugged into a single socket, and most likely the plug fuse has stripped.

Most of the time the socket is often directly above the extractor, some time you need to remove the flue cover to find the socket, but if you can see the control board you just need to follow the flex which goes to the plug.

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you, I just wanted to follow up to see if you require any further assistance?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks problem solved
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Excellent appreciate if you can rate the service received, so I can close the case down

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Nigel, I understand the issue has now been resolved, appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating so I may close the case.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good morning Nigel, so I may close the case I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received using the star rating on this page.

James