JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Hotpoint double oven model no DBZ891C I don't know

I have a Hotpoint double oven model no DBZ891C I don't know how to have my grill on with my main oven. I have had it for 12 Months and never known how to use it. I don't understand the manual
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I have to admit reading the manual does make you more confused than before you start, and this model has far more functions to confuse the average person.

What happens when you turn the main oven on, eg press the main oven button set the temp, then press the grill button and set the temp, does the main oven go off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you press the main oven the light comes on set temp everything fine,, then to use the grill I have to press the top oven to access the grill this then lights up the top oven and grill then lights up but main oven does not get hot. I know I should be able to cook in my main oven and at the same time be able to use grill. It's not the top oven I want to use its the grill.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Patricia, thank you for clarifying. I assume normally with the grill not in use the bottom oven heats up normally, and if already hot when you turn the grill on the bottom oven light stays on, its just that it no longer maintains its temperature?

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still do not understand, my question is simply Lf I have my main oven on how do I use the grill? When I open the top oven I have to switch the main oven OFF to get the grill on .Surely this can't be right?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

You are correct both top and bottom ovens should be able to function at the same time.

For example you turn on the oven selecting the icon for the bottom oven, set the programme eg manual then press the start button, the oven then starts and heats up, if during cooking with the bottom oven you want to then turn on the grill in the top oven as well then you should be able to press the top oven icon at which point it should let you set the program to the grill function and set the temp for the top oven.

If should not force you to switch the bottom oven off, if it does, then there is a fault in the control board.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

If you would like me to recommend someone to come out and inspect the control board for you, please advise me of your postcode and I can recommend someone in your area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm wondering if that is the problem you say set the programme eg manual what does this mean exactly?my postcode is FY55DT can you recommend someone local?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wonder if the problem could be to do with alto attic and manuel settings, l don't know how to figure all this out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you recommend a local technician postcode is FY55DT
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay in responding, alot of the repair centres are closed for the night.

In the first instance I would try ASD on 01253 205598 (they are only 7 miles from you), please let me know if they are unable to come out and I will find another local firm.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I rang the local firm but they will not come out due to the fact it wasn't bought there! I have tried a few firms this am but nobody wants to know! Hotpoint want £135 to come out That is outrageous just to show me how to work the oven
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Patricia, from what you have described it sounds like a fault (not user error), as you are press the exact buttons I would expect to allow both top and bottom ovens to function at the same time.

I have spoken to ASD just now, and allthough the oven was purchased from B&Q, they will come out to you, but there is a call out charge of £55. This is the going rate, and think your going to struggle to find a better offer, to show you how the oven works. Should it turn out there is a fault (which is what I suspect), the upside is as part of that call out, they will perform the diagnostics required to find the faulty component and give you a quote for its repair.

If you want to take up ASD on their offer to attend, please give them a call on 01253 205598

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Patricia,

I havent heard back from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Patricia, I havent heard from you in the last couple of days do you still require assistance. In order for me to close the case I need you to rate the service received using the star rating on this page.

James