JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The microwave on my combi oven HBC84E653B/02 has stopped

Hi, the microwave on my combi oven HBC84E653B/02 has stopped working. the overn still works. could you help please?
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: see my last comments. It's a Bosch oven/microwave model number HBC84E653B/02
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

To confirm, if you set the microwave to run for 10 minutes with some water, does the timer count down, but the contents remain cold at the end of the 10 minutes?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the microwave doesnt work at all. it has no power
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i select the microwave icon and the lcd doesn't display a timer and the start button doesn't light up whereas it used to do this
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

I am confused the microwave oven must have power if the oven part still works, can you please clarify what you mean by the microwave doesnt have power (is it just when you set the microwave function that the screen goes blank)?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the oven works but when selecting the microwave function the screen stays blank
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Right this sounds like a failure on either the control board or the function selector switch, and will need an engineer to come out to look at the appliance.

How old is the appliance, as this looks like a reasonably new model?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its about 6 years old
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

As the unit is out of warranty, its looking like you need to arrange for an engineer to come out and inspect the circuit board and function selector switch.

If you would like me to recommend a suitable engineer please provide your postcode.

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** KT18
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in responding please contact AB Appliances on(###) ###-####1819

They charge around £65 to come to site and diagnose the fault, and provide cost for replacement parts.

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
where are they based. the only AB appliances I can find on the Internet are in Watford which is not near me
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Based on the first part of the postcode provided its showing within 10 mile radius, their postcode is BR3 4AB