JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

KENWOOD integrated dishwasher KID60S10 almost 6years old.

KENWOOD integrated dishwasher KID60S10 almost 6years old. The program starts, pump activates
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Cold water enters but stops after about 30 seconds and nothing more happens. On "normal" programme, the blue light is flashing, not constant. Plumber says inlet ad outlet working OK and motor turning (he had found a piece of broken glass that got through the filter, somehow). Still not working after glass removed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

This sounds like it could be either the circulation pump, flow sensor or heating element causing the fault.

Can you run the dishwasher on a rinse cycle (I think its the 5th button from the left), and see if that complete a full cycle, this rules out a heating\element fault.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks James. Tried the rinse cycle. Same result.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Once the inlet water stopped , after about 45 minutes, the dishwasher started again - did pump out for about 60 seconds then water in for about 30 seconds then stopped. Has been silent since then.
Thanks for your continuing diagnosis.
Cecile.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Right this is looking like the circulation pump £77 or the pressure switch which is £15, to diagnose further your going to need to get an engineer out to test the components, if you provide me with your postcode I can recommend a suitable engineer who identify the faulty component and replace it, at this point I am confident its a hardware fault and not something you can resolve by doing a reset or clearing a filter etc.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks James - Post code is BT93 6FA. Grateful for your help.
Cécile.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good morning Cecile, I would highly recommend Reilly's on (###) ###-####3445, the call out charge which includes labour costs is £40.

They are very reliable and can come out to you this week, the only issue is if you dont get booked in for tomorrow the engineer is off for two weeks, so please let me know and I can recommend someone else.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for the contact. End of story - we decided to buy a new dishwasher, having already spent £100 on diagnosis, it did not seem financially interesting to spend another £120 on repairing a six-year old machine. The new Indesit has a 10 year guarantee on parts.