Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Creda Hob which was installed about 25 years ago.

I have a Creda Hob which was installed about 25 years ago. It measures 77cm by 47cm with 4 plates and has Credaplan printed in the glass top on the right hand side and Ceran (Schott) printed on the lefthand side. It is a remarkable testimony to Creda workmanship that everything still works except that the dual element plate does not heat on the outer ring. I have checked that the elements are OK and find that the Simmerstat control is faulty. Can you provide a replacement ? The existing simmerstat could be a Diamond H Control type and has the markings 180387 and 80 RO 01 on it. I am a retired electrical engineer and quite capable of fitting a replacement.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hi Gilbert - my name is ***** ***** in the UK. If you could give me the model number of the appliance which will be on a label underneath the appliance I should be able to help you. However, kindly note that Diamond H Controls ceased to exist some years ago and the trade name was bought out by Backer and whilst a replacement energy regulator can be found it will require a change of wiring connection so I will have to get you the correct modification sheet to go with it. Look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for not coming back to you but I was out all day Friday. The hob label reads Creda 42206P, 6.1 kW, Specification###-##-####A, Serial No. 987C022715. Hope this helps.

Many thanks for that - had a weekend away myself - this is the item that you require - I copy a link for you, as this company supplies a modification sheet to allow you to fit the modern replacement as your original is obsolete. Kindly note 'do not take the wires off the old one' until you have the new one to hand or else you will not know what cable goes to what on the new one. Come back to me if you require further help. However in the meantime could I ask you to rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Thank you for using JA and have a great day.

https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/er1402-dual-circuit-cooker-regulator