Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I had a powercut and now one of the ovens will not work. the

Customer Question

hi I had a powercut and now one of the ovens will not work. the time display has an A and is flashing on and off which I guess is causing the problem. I didn't get instruction manual with oven - please can you help ?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good evening this sounds like the oven is in auto mode.

Turn the power to the oven off for 5 mins, then hold down the two most left buttons on the control panel, as you turn the oven back on.

Please let me know if the display is showing an A, if it is, can you tell me what icons are above which button and what the model of oven you have is (since some have slightly different layout of buttons).

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi there is no icon Just the A and now 0.03 timer display. Pressed both left buttons one minus and the other bells below display. Nothing changed. Help
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No answer here please
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Ok please turn the power off hold down the first to button while turning it back on then press and release the 5th button, while stil holding down the first two. If this fails repeat the process but this time press and release the 4th button.

In essence we need to disable the auto timer.

If you can find the model number it removes some of the guess work from the combinations required.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good morning do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Paul,

I havent heard back from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good morning Paul, I havent heard from you in the last couple of days do you still require assistance?