Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Bosch 2420 washing machine will not start. The Ready

My Bosch 2420 washing machine will not start. The Ready light just stays on when Start is pushed. I have replaced the door interlocker (a 154077), checked it's closing OK, nothing. I even tried detaching the interlocker from the machine with the power connector in place and holding it in 'closed' position with a screwdriver, still nothing. Where to next?
I have a basic multimeter and on a scale of 0 to 10 for technical proficiency (where 10 is a trained specialist) I'd give myself about a 6.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The machine originally stopped mid-cycle. Judging by the state of the washing load it appeared to have rinsed and drained but not spun. Don't know if this offers any clues.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Washer?

Also did it work intermittently at any time just prior to this incident?

Also are there any error lights?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,
The machine is about 15 - 18 years old. I replaced the brushes 2 years ago and the pump about 5 years ago. Apart from that it's always worked perfectly. There are no error lights fitted to this model, but after a couple of minutes of failing to start the Ready light starts to flash.
Andy
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that info Andy,

This is unfortunately a failed main control board. It is easy to replace, no soldering is required but yes it will need service. If you want to purchase the main control panel(board) the best place for a good one at a great price would be:

http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

I would call them to see if that part is still available, also there are hundreds of different boards, so if you call to place the order, they will pick the correct one for you the first time lol.

Also if you call to order, they usually ship the same day you call;-)

Please call Ransom spares: 0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Brands » Bosch

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great Sunday Andy!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael.
Not much one can do on a Sunday, but hunting around online from the main parts suppliers the control board seems to cost about £300. However, this one - ok I haven't done an in-depth compatibility check yet - is £40. If it checks out is it likely to be any good? Also what do you mean by "it will need service"?
At £300 then obviously it would make more sense to treat myself to a new machine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosch-Siemens-washing-machine-control-module-AKO-546-731-BSH-5500002962-268543-/272229504025?hash=item3f62249419:g:WwgAAOxyUrZS5ixZ
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Andy, yes the board is expensive, I would personally replace the entire unit due to that fact.

I wish you the best with your new machine, and I thing the price of parts for this one are high;-(

Wish I had batter news for you on this, I really do.

Still , have a great day Andy;-)

Tech Michael

Please rate kindly so I can close this out for us, no cost to rate;-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would the £40 one on eBay be worth a try do you think?Rating added.