Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We purchased an AEG S73320KDX0 Fridge in Stainless Steel on

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
We purchased an AEG S73320KDX0 Fridge in Stainless Steel on 2nd August 2016 from Next, with delivery on 5th August.
Recently the fridge appears not to be getting cold enough, with butter getting soft etc. We have put the temperature on Coolmatic/2 degrees but having placed a thermometer on a shelf it is around 8 degrees C.
Any advice on what to try next.
Paul Carpenter.
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Hi Paul , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Is there any excess frost inside the freezer on the rear wall?

Also did you buy this one new?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Michael,
The fridge has no freezer compartment; it is all fridge. the is no excess frost in side the fridge or on the rear wall.
Yes we did buy it new last August from Next (online).
Regards,
Paul.
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Hi Paul thanks for that, yeah I was looking at the wrong one here off by 1 # lol. Sorry for that.

Have you tried a cheap thermometer inside the frideg to be sure of the temp issue?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thermometer on shelf now shows 5 degrees C. May be best to leave it for a bit and see what happens. What is the temperature it should be at?
Paul.
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Hi Paul, thats not too bad, but let me knwo what happens over the next few days.

We will get to the cause if there is a problem we will fix it;-)

Been doing this for over 30 years hands on ;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great Sunday Paul!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Dear *****,
The fridge is set on 2 degrees and seems to be keeping at around 4 or 5 degrees. So the butter is now hard again!
I will keep monitoring it, but it does look OK.
Paul.
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Hi Paul, yep sounds good! Especially about the butter lol;-)

Just let me know if the problem re develops.

Sincerely

Tech Michael